Followers

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Tone on Tone

It's Sunday, and that means it's time for the Adventures in Stamping Sunday challenge! Today it's Tone on Tone, meaning that you need to stamp in the same color tone that you chose for you base coat.

I chose to do something a little different, and stamp with the same exact polish I chose for my base coat. 


I chose a Sally Hansen Insta-Dri polish. These are typically all around good polishes, and stamp really well. I picked a great light purple called Grape Race.


I then painted over each nail with a matte top coat. A lot of polish lines now have matte top coats. I got this Fresh Paint matte top coat at Five Below, 3 for $5.


Mattes dry REALLY fast. So I was ready pretty quickly to move on to my stamping. I chose a cute xoxoxo image on Vivid Lacquer's plate VL001. Check out her etsy shop HERE! She has a lot of fun and really unique images on the plates she has made. I stamped the image on to each of my nails in Grape Race.


And here's the end result! It's a subtle look, but one that I really like and think is fun. I have a feeling I'm going to be doing this with dark colors a lot this fall and winter. :)


Until next time,

Becks

No comments :

Post a Comment